Welcome, new visitors!
I’m glad you’re here. The Reschool Yourself project changed my life in many ways, healing old wounds and opening up new pathways forward. I hope you’ll find something on the site that adds to your life, as well.
Since I finished the project in 2008, I got married and moved to Mississippi, where my husband is from. We have two kids and a menagerie of pets. I’ve continued to reflect on personal development, psychology, and how to live imperfectly but well — my lifelong curiosities — via TinyLetters and then through the Semi-Together podcast and e-news.
Leading up to my 40th birthday, I wrote 40 short essays to reflect on how I’d evolved and continue to evolve in 40 character traits like courage, clarity, and compassion.
ADHD Diagnosis: A Total Surprise that Explained a Lot
Later that year, I was diagnosed with ADHD, and my two kids were diagnosed shortly after. The ADHD “superpower” of hyperfocus on a passion project explains a lot about the body of work you’ll find linked here.
I spent the next year and a half learning everything I could about ADHD: reading, studying, and hiring a coach. When I realized how much need there was for ADHD coaching, especially for those of us who are diagnosed late in life, I earned my own coaching certification and started my own practice, Rising Spiral Coaching. I love every minute of helping my clients heal negative self-images, manage their ADHD, and open doors to the life they want to be living.
Highlights from the Reschool Yourself Project
- About RSY gives background on the hows and whys of the project.
- The Archives let you follow the journey from the start, or look at certain periods like Elementary School, Middle School, High School, and College.
- Reschooling Tools help you go through a “reschooling” process similar to mine.
- Remember This? will bring back your own school memories so you can process them–or just enjoy the nostalgia.
- Like I Always Say... is the ongoing epilogue to the Reschool Yourself project, as I apply its lessons to parenting, work, and everyday life.
Where to Find Me
I continue to write and podcast about topics like self-acceptance and self-compassion, finding contentment and gratitude in spite of imperfection and challenges, and learning to find your way back to yourself when you’ve gone off course. If you’d like to stay in the loop:
- Follow me at Rising Spiral on Instagram and @meliadicker on Twitter
- Follow the Semi-Together podcast on Facebook and Instagram
- Subscribe to the mailing list from the sidebar
If any of this resonates with your experience, I’d love to hear from you, so leave a comment or contact me!